Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This week's comic expectations

Listen, I'm tired, I just finished writing a Halloween column for this week's Gaming page, and I'm due in the office in just a few hours, so do you really need me to tell you what's good this week?

OK, I guess I should. But remember to take a good hard look at the whole list of this week's releases (two posts down, right under the "One More Day" post) since I'm going to be brief.

Two issues dealing with the Sinestro Corps War comes out with Green Lantern Corps #17 and Tales of the Sinestro Corps Superman Prime (a.k.a. Anti-Monitor), and you should be buying both and reading this whole event, it's that simple. Blue Beetle #20 also ties-in, but it looks unnecessary.

In Superman #669 we're going to get to meet the long-awaited "Third Kryptonian."

Gotham Underground #1 kicks off a good looking nine-part mini looking at who is taking control of the Gotham crime scene, and who are the heroes other than Batman looking to stop them.

X-Men #204 will be a precursor to next week's "Messiah CompleX" kickoff, and more importantly, the final chapter to "Endangered Species"

And Daredevil #101 is the second-part to yet another strong looking arc from Ed Brubaker.

As I said, brief. I'm tired, give me a break, you'll thank me when you read the column in Saturday's Poughkeepsie Journal Gaming page.

No comments: