Thursday, July 31, 2008

How I spent my summer vacation

Hello, Stranger. It's been a while.

OK, so here's the explanation of where I've been: After a considerably busy two weekends ago, which kept me from posting any review of "The Dark Knight" (which, I actually wrote half of it, just never got around to the other half), I ran out of time before my NINE DAY VACATION began.

Yes, they unchained me from my desk for nine days, the longest vacation I've ever taken in my four years at the Journal, and I spent most of that time in Beautiful Puerto Rico, watching my not as beautiful in comparison sister get hitched (just kidding!). And frankly, I was waaaaay too busy with the wedding and trips to the rain forest and kayaking expeditions and cockfights to find time for comic books or video games.

OK, that last part is a lie. Not the part about cockfights, that was true, I watched my very first cockfight (which is legal down there) just hours before the ceremony, but the part about no time for video games was a bit of a lie, since on the plane ride down there I joined the "Legend of Zelda" mile-high club by defeating Ganon and saving the princess on the Gameboy Advance version of the original 1986 game. In fact, I got through Death Mountain without the use of a single potion, which is impressive even for me. On the way home, I played some "Phantom Hourglass," which I am slowly making my way through for the second time. I wanted to play "Mario Kart DS," but apparently flying and virtual driving wreaks havoc on my stomach.

Where was I? Oh, right, the fact that I had no time. I got back home late on Monday and spent Tuesday catching up on last week's comics and catching up on the news from ComicCon. And seriously, my sister scheduling her wedding on ComicCon weekend is proof enough that she doesn't like me very much. Not to mention the fact that she included both Strawberries and Kiwi in her choice of deserts at the reception, both of which I am allergic to.

So anyway, my vacation officially ended on Wednesday when I unfortunately reported for work and laid out a couple of pages. That also means I am back on full blogging duty, so without further ado, I'll be typing up the "Buy Pile Report" for this week as soon as I hit the 'ole "Publish Post" button right now.

No comments: