Sunday, July 6, 2008

This week's video game releases

Not the most exciting of weeks, but here's your list at THIS LINK anyway.

I'm pretty bored by the way right now sitting in the office waiting for youth ball calls to roll in and major league games to end. Were it not for YouTube and cellphone Tetris I'd go mad. I should have brought my DS tonight, I could be winning Mario Kart races online as we speak.

Oh... don't tell my bosses. Much obliged.

And no, I don't know why I just said "much obliged," I don't really talk that way in real life. That's a very Morgan Freeman phrase.

I don't know, maybe I am thinking of "The Bucket List" subconsciously. When I was hanging out with my future brother-in-law last Saturday, while my family was throwing my sister her bridal shower and he and I were stuck with little to do, he rented "The Bucket List" on pay-per-view. And, is it just me, or is "The Bucket List" a very strange choice of movie on a bright sunny Saturday afternoon? I wanted to watch Wimbledon, but he wanted a movie, so he chose "The Bucket List." My whole family was off celebrating an impending wedding and my brother-in-law and I watched two old men get ready to die.

Which, by the way, we didn't even get to see the end of, since they called us about and hour and 10 minutes into the movie for us to start carting gifts on back to their apartment. And let me tell you, they got way too much junk given to them for their little apartment. They have enough pots and pans to cover their entire floor. And the only half-way fun gift they asked for was a waffle maker. I told my GF to buy them a Pancake Puff Pan, but she told me nobody over the age of 12 wants to eat Pancake Puffs. I disagree. Most things are fun in puff form.

I can't wait until I get married, only so I can ask for some random junk on a registry. Just go through with that little gun thing and scan in action figures and snarky T-shirts. Someone's going to have to end up buying me the complete set of the "Spider-Ham" series, if I can find the right comics store to make a registry.

I always loved "Spider-Ham," and I don't know why. I also loved the one-issue X-Men spoof "Power Pachyderms." Well, OK, I know why — probably it was because I was like eight when the series came out. And, the name "Peter Porker" is just plain funny.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty dirty name for a children's comic hero, isn't it? "Porker?"

"Who's Mary Jane going out with tonight?" "Peter Porker." "There goes white for her wedding!"

I wanted to make that joke much dirtier, but come on, this is a family blog. By the way, I spelled "Pachyderms" correctly on the first try. Take that, Scripps Kids!

Where was I? Oh, right. I'm bored, if you couldn't tell.

No comments: