Monday, March 17, 2008

Big Nintendo news at E3

OK, despite how THIS LINK to Gamestop makes it sound, E3 2008 is really not coming up that soon.

But, when E3 does come around in JULY, Reggie Fils-Aime is already claiming Nintendo's got BIG news to tell and BIG games to start promoting for the holiday season. He says:

We're going to have great new content maximizing all of our key franchises, it's going to be a good second half.

So, what does that mean exactly? When I think key Nintendo franchises I think Mario (which just had "Galaxy, "Party" and "Kart" come out in the past year), The Legend of Zelda (which had "Twilight Princess" and the bow and arrow games come out already), and Metroid (Which had "Corruption" come out six months ago).

What exactly are we looking at here with "Key Franchises"? My guess is two games: 1) "Mario Tennis" and 2) "Kid Icarus," which will be promoted for December but pushed back to February.

I don't know, what other big Nintendo franchises for mainstream gamers are there that has not already been done in some capacity? I guess we'll just have to wait for the hype machine to push out more info.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.