Thursday, March 6, 2008

Buffy, in the buff, with another lady... doin' stuff...

OK, so apparently there was something big on the shelves this week that I missed...

Follow THIS LINK to a Newsarama interview with series creator and head writer Joss Whedon on why this week's issue of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight" features the titular character doing the dirty (yes, I'm that immature that I have to use a term like that) with another female slayer.

If you'll notice when Whedon finally gets to the subject about two-thirds of the way down in the interview, he says Buffy is not gay, just lonely and experimenting.

I wonder how Luke Perry feels about this?

Frankly, I don't care one way or the other, but with the exposure "Buffy" has gotten over the years in mainstream media, I'm sure this is going to crack the Internet in half and CNN is probably going to get all long-winded over it.

And if any of you don't believe me when I say I'm indifferent toward it, you all should know that in two weeks I'm driving to Canada to be at a friend's lesbian wedding. So BLAM!

No comments: