Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Rhinebeck arcade looking for suggestions

I have been trading e-mails with Bill Olson, the new owner of "Chelsea Video Center" in Rhinebeck, and I just got off the phone with him.

Mr. Olson bought the store's whole inventory and has re-rented the space on Spring Brook Avenue, but he has big plans to improve the store and make it all his own once it reopens.

In addition to the DVD rentals and video game rentals the store had before, Olson is planning on installing video game rooms. I called it an arcade in the subject line of this post but in truth, what Olson wants to put in is special gaming rooms for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles.

That's right, an arcade full of consoles. I think it's a pretty darned good idea.

So his question to me was, what needs to be included in these rooms in order to make the idea work? I had some ideas for him, but I obviously don't have all the answers.

That's why I am now asking that same question of you, the mid-Hudson Valley gamers. What do you want to be included in these console video gaming rooms? What sort of features should Mr. Olson include that would make you want to visit his store?

Either post your suggestions here or e-mail me at mbenisch@poughkeepsiejournal.com

1 comment:

magickat said...

Obviously you need to get DDR and several dance pads. Those games are a lot of fun, non violent, and would appeal to a large variety of people. I am part of the theater crowd in Rhinebeck and I could definitely see myself and my friends stopping in for a dance battle or two before or after a show.