Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Mario Kart Wii mystery

If you're anything close to a regular reader of this blog, you know that I would sell my first born for a shot at playing an advance copy of Mario Kart for Wii, like some bigger video gaming news organizations get to. I just could not be waiting for this game with any more anticipation.

"Mario Kart 64" ranks among one of my favorite all-time games, boasting the best and most addicting battle mode. "Mario Kart: Double Dash," was a bit of a disappointment at the time, but right now playing it again (because I cannot wait for Kart Wii that badly) it's a pretty darned strong game itself. And heck, "Mario Kart DS" is the second best game for that system in my book.

In short, I heart Kart.

Which is why I am so confused lately waiting for the official announcement on when the game will hit shelves stateside. Nintendo has been silent on a North American release date, while Europe, Japan and Australia all are slated to get the game in April. Meanwhile, IGN claims the game is coming out June 30 (boo!) while Gamespot says we're getting it on May 1 (yay!).

So, which is it, Nintendo? I'll expect your response in writing on my desk by Friday morning.

No comments: