Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gaming for Hope

Hopefully all you enjoyed Gaming for Hope yesterday at Marist. I heard there was a great turnout — but, unfortunately due to schedule issues I was not able to make it over there (if you can tell from my previous post too, I'm one big bummer this weekend).

What I did get to see, though, were some great photos taken by our own Journal photographer Kathy McLaughlin. HERE IS A LINK to the photo gallery she put together. Although, that guy we had taking photos last year was pretty good too (me).

In next week's Gaming page, I'll hopefully have some news on how the event finished out, especially in terms of how much scratch was raised for the very worthy charity, Child's Play.

Come to think of it, next week's page is going to be BURSTING with stories (which is good, since I need to make up for the fact that Gaming was bumped at the last minute this week, right?)

1 comment:

Michael said...

The event was great; it keeps getting better every year. I'm kinda disappointed in the main pojo article, though. I suppose that happens when you read about an event you were at. Console video games got less than half the floor space but reading the article you'd think thats all there was.
Board and card games were big this year, that was cool to see, and the LAN tables filled up to capacity too.
I hear the cash raised for Childs Play was huge; bigger than previous years, although I don't know by how much.