Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Font issues; big thanks to Upstate Comics

Wow, sorry about the font for that last post, I was very sick last night (still am, though I soldier into the office anyway), and didn't exactly stop to make sure the font looked right. And, I don't even know how to fix it now. It's pretty odd.

But hey, despite the sickness, I'm still here, and I just got back from Upstate Comics with my weekly buy pile. I also now have a Cliff Chiang-signed copy of Green Arrow/Black Canary #1, given to me by the store even though I couldn't make it to their Free Comic Book Day festivities. So, a big thanks there.

I would have loved to have been there to meet Brian Wood and Chiang (or any of the stores in the area, as many had special events), but I was out on the Hudson River covering Triangulars for the Journal. And, I have to admit, that was pretty cool too, as I was video taping the event from a motorboat following the competition.

I was told Chiang was more than generous in the amount of sketches and such he did, and apparently, many fans handed him copies of that blank "Secret Invasion #1" variant and he drew DC characters with Skrull chins. Helluva idea!

No comments: