Thursday, May 1, 2008

'Mario Kart Wii' impressions


Hey, I've been promising to get on here and give my two cents on "Mario Kart Wii" for a week now, so here I am.

OK, well, I'm not going to do that quite yet. As it turns out, I am going to have the time this week to write out my own review of the game for Saturday's Gaming page in the Poughkeepsie Journal (the Associated Press one was a little weak for my tastes), so instead of giving you all my feelings about the game here, I'm giving them there.

What I will tell you, though, is I am ADDICTED. During the first 50 hours that it was on sale in North America, I played 23 of those hours -- and that includes coming in here for a full day of work.

I've unlocked every character except Dry Bowser at this point (I haven't really tried to, either, since I've been so sidetracked playing online), and have tried nearly every vehicle.

My favorite combination, the one that helped me win 14 of 15 matches online last night (YES, 14 of 15, I know, I'm a legend), is Dry Bones with the Magikruiser bike.

And while I am in love with this game, I am very disappointed in the battle mode.

You want more? Read Saturday's Journal! On that page, I will also have a column explaining why Parents need to start parenting and stop protesting over "Grand Theft Auto IV."

No comments: