Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This week's comic book expectations

It's late, I'm tired and I've a long day ahead of me, so this is going to be short and sweet. THIS LINK will take you to this week's comic releases.

There is a lot going on this week, though, so you should really know that Flash: Rebirth #2, Superman: World of New Krypton #3 and War of Kings #3 are all out this week, plus the latest installment of "Messiah War" in Cable #14.

But, that's not all. There are also a pair of very promising first issues, Power Girl #1 and New Mutants #1, which will tell all-new stories in modern Marvel times using the old cast (including Illyana Rasputin, so don't confuse this series with "X-Men: Forever."

And if that weren't enough, there are also a pair of books that are outside of normal continuity but should really be on your radar, DC's The Mighty #4 and BOOM Comics' Irredeemable #2, Mark Waid's story of what happens when a character much like Superman goes off the deep end. I highly recommend both series.

It's a very big week, but I'm very tired, so that's all you get out of me tonight.

No comments: