Thursday, January 3, 2008

The 4400 - DEAD

Nobody likes returning to work after a vacation. My buddy Michael Woyton, of the PoJo's Pets Blog fame, didn't make it any easier today when he alerted me that "The 4400," a favorite show of both of ours, is now officially canceled.

Here on the Gaming Geek blog, we of course chronicled each episode as it came out last summer and were eagerly awaiting (hoping for) a fifth season. I then hit the 4400 message boards for the first time in a while and found THIS MESSAGE from Ira Stephen Behr (the show's showrunner).

So, yes, it's official. Unfortunately, as I told Mr. Woyton, I'm not real surprised. For as excellent as the show was, it was losing viewers for the last two seasons, and its serial nature did not encourage any new ones.

I highly encourage anyone that never saw this show to go out and pickup the DVDs (I'm hoping Season Four's is released at some point). I don't say this because I'm one of those dreamers hoping against hope for the show to suddenly get picked up again, I'm saying this because its simply a great show that anyone would enjoy if given a chance.

No comments: