Saturday, September 13, 2008

'NHL 09' review

OK, here's THE LINK to the review of "NHL 09" which ran in Saturday's Poughkeepsie Journal Gaming page (page 5C).

As you can read, I really enjoyed the game, which wasn't surprising since I knew how strong of a game "NHL 08" was, but I'm still not the biggest hockey fan out there. Heck, I normally would watch roller derby or water polo over hockey. But still even after I am now done reviewing the game, I find myself turning "NHL 09" on instead of my previous obsession "Tiger Woods 09." (Don't worry Tiger, I'm sure I'll be back soon!).

And, as I said in the review, you really do need to try out the online team play. It's the sort of feature I am praying we see in "NBA 09." It might not work so well with "Madden," only because who wants to spend a whole afternoon playing online as an offensive lineman, but for hockey and NBA games, this is revolutionary.

But I digress. Read the review for more. In the meantime, I am five hours away from being done with work, so in five hours and 45 minutes (I've a long commute), I'll be back playing for the Iowa Chops once again.

No comments: