Friday, October 10, 2008

50% MORE GAMING in Saturday's Poughkeepsie Journal!

In the words of one of my 10th grade history teacher's favorite movies, The Gods Must Be Crazy.

I walked into the office today and found we had an extra unexpected half-page of space in Saturday's Poughkeepsie Journal sports section. I quickly set up a tent there and claimed squatter's rights, in the name of GAMING.

When you open Saturday's Poughkeepsie Journal Sports section you will find ONE AND A HALF PAGES OF GAMING!!! (Pages 4C and 5C). This marks the first time in Gaming's nearly three-year history that it spilled over a page.

And this only happened because we have GREAT Content throughout. On page 4C, you'll find a gianormous feature on "LittleBigPlanet," complete with a big 'ole photo of the ever-adorable Sackboy, as well as not one but TWO Fantasy Football columns and a brief on the debut date of the new "Xbox Experience."

On page 5C, you'll find an in-depth review of EA Sports' "NBA Live 09," written by yours truly. I, surprisingly, had a lot of fun playing this game. (I am VERY TOUGH on NBA games and basketball games in general). It isn't perfect, the defensive controls are still quite unpolished, but the game felt closer to real basketball than at any time I can remember since the jump from the two-dimensional Genesis/SNES days. (I still prefer to play "NBA Live 97" on the Genesis rather than any current basketball game, but this new game comes VERY close). I am also very eager to see how the games' "Dynamic DNA" works throughout the season.

Anyway, enjoy it all. Personally, I am thrilled for all this Gaming space, one and a half pages, I thought I would never see the day. When history looks back on this day, it will smile.

Make sure to check out pages 4C and 5C in Saturday's Poughkeepsie Journal!

No comments: