Saturday, May 19, 2007

The 4400 called me

So, the USA Network has a promotion for most of their shows, where you sign up to be text-messaged with news about a certain show. Since the service is free and I was really curious as to what these texts were like, I signed up last year.

So, through last year, I would get a text whenever the show was about to come on (reminding me to watch), a text midway through an episode with some goofy character banter, and then a text midway through the week from the psychic kid character Maia with teaser information for the next episode.

Well I had forgotten all about these texts... until today.

Driving in to work, I heard that I had a text. Naturally, I assumed it would be some friend telling me about something going on tonight that I would have to decline (since my annoying friends never remember I'm stuck working most weekends!)... But no, it wasn't.

It was The 4400. And they were inviting me to join "The Battle for Promicin," which is I am guessing the slogan for this coming season. (Promicin is a drug that has a 50/50 chance of either killing you or giving you a superpower).

It was goofy, it was cheesy, it was childish. What grownup gets excited to get a text message from a show full of superheroes?

This grownup, that's who.

Believe it or not, this goofy text did get me even more stoked for the start of the new season (June 17th at 9 p.m.)... there really was no point to this whole blog post, just that I'm a loser and I'm pumped for mid-June.

No comments: