Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This week's comic expectations

Thinking about what I would point out in this post, it occurs to me that there is simply too much going on this week, and too many diverse events to single out just a couple.

If you've been loving Millar's "Ultimates 2," then you get to read the conclusion this week (finally!) So why am I not singling this out? Because if you haven't been following, then you should wait for the trade... and yes, you should buy the trade.

If you're loving Frank Miler's "All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder," you finally get a fifth issue! And I'm not singling out this one either, since, as good as the title has been, I really don't recommend jumping on board of this three-hour tour. Sure, the Minow provides a nice ride around the ocean, but then you get shipwrecked and have to wait 4 months for the Professor to fix the hole.

The third "Fallen Son" is out, and this one features THE fallen son, Captain America. So why am I not recommending this? Because I'm not even sure I want to buy it! The first was all right, the second was awful, there's no reason to believe this is going to be any better. Unfortunately, I'm a glutton for punishment.

The final issue of Ed Brubaker's Shi'ar Uncanny X-Men arc is out this week too. And while I am optimistic for an exciting ending (especially after last month's revelation that Vulcan is now the Shi'ar emperor), this is the 12th issue of the arc! If you're not reading it already, then screw it.

The second issue of "Countdown" has me eager as well... and I WOULD single this issue out as something to buy, if I had any clue of what was going on in the first issue! I am still optimistic for the series, but I really could not explain it yet.

So, as far as I am concerned, the only must-buy book this week is "Justice League of America #9," since it is the third part of a five-issue crossover with another must-buy book, "Justice Society of America."

But, yeah, a whole lotta stuff going down on Wednesday. There's something for everyone, even if everything is not for everyone.

No comments: