Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weekly comics (late)

The Memorial Day holiday pushing back this week's comic releases to Thursday (as most major Monday holidays do) kind of screwed with my schedule. I guess the extra day caused me to forget my civic duties of posting the weekly release list, and expectations the night before the comics come out, so I apologize.

And I'm really kinda annoyed at myself for forgetting, because this is a pretty big week, as my trip to the Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie just reminded me. What did I pick up, you ask?

Well I'm stoked to read Countdown #48 at the first chance I can get, as the New Gods hit the scene and apparently one of the more likable New Gods over the years dies (or so the cover and Lightray's broken body leads you to believe).

Part four of "The Lightning Saga" hits the scene (Wow, I just wrote the phrase "hits the scene" in two consecutive paragraphs... I was about to erase that and write something else, but I was just so shocked that anyone would use that phrase twice in a row... anyway) in Justice Society of America #6. I am on the edge of my seat with this Legion of Superheroes stuff, and it's caused me to want to go back and read as much of the old Legion stuff I can get my hands on, since I really am not well read on that team. I strongly suggest picking up this issue, and the previous three parts of this crossover.

Teen Titans #47 is also an issue of interest, as more of Duela Dent's story will be revealed when the Titans mourn her. Frankly, I am still bothered that she was the Titan we're making this whole big stink over, but I guess it's better than a character anyone cares about dying, right?

And for anyone that's bee following Target X-23, the final issue of that mini-series is out as well. If you haven't been reading, picking up the trade paperback when it comes out, or the original X-23 TPB would not be a bad idea. These two mini-series have humanized this character to a point where Wolverine has actually never gone, and has made her one of my favorite characters to read lately (and I am president of the "Who the hell cares about Wolverine" fan club). Hell, the last scene in the original mini-series damn well made me tear up, so I am eagerly anticipating reading this final issue.

Well I've wrote all of that, and I still haven't even mentioned Amazons Attack #2 or Silent War #5! What a week! Enjoy it, and I'll be back later with the ole' Buy Pile Report.

No comments: