Saturday, June 2, 2007

Random thoughts from the past few days...


So, I have not had the time in the last few days to comment on some fun gaming/comics related stories that have popped up, so I figured I'd just run a list of unorganized thoughts to make up for it...

1) A Teen Titans movie will be made, with apparently Nightwing the main character... my question is, are they making Nightwing the main character just so that the character of Robin only exists in the Batman family of movies? Either way, I'm just pumped to see characters like Cyborg and Beast Boy on the big screen... Starfire probably won't be bad either...

2) Word from Lucas Arts is that there will be a Star Wars light-saber fighting game coming out for Nintendo's Wii soon... Can you imagine the number of people that will buy this game if it is properly marketed? There are probably tens of thousands of 40-50 year old men who have been dying to really fight with a light-saber all of their lives, let alone the normal-aged gamers. This will be one of those "Wii is good for all ages and talent levels" games... Now clean up the drool, nerds...

3) Jorge Posada just went deep off of Curt Schilling to give the Yanks a 4-3 lead in the 6th... I know this has nothing to do with the blog, but still -- HIP HIP JORGE!

4) The actress that played Callisto in X-Men: The Last Stand (the worst superhero movie ever), Dania Ramirez, has joined the cast of "Heroes" as a regular character named Maya. On the one hand, I'm happy we'll be getting new blood next season... on the other hand, one new character is not enough for my tastes, because, between all the post-season interviews, its now clear that Sylar, Peter and Nathan are ALL coming back alive for season two. And that just makes season one all the more meaningless.

5) In other casting news that I never read from months ago until today, "The 4400" hired a new regular, Jenni Baird, and she will be the new head of NTAC. She'll be introduced in the season four premier on June 17th on USA at 9 p.m. While I don't really see anything in the plotlines that dictated a change at the top of NTAC, I'm never one to turn down an attractive blond on any show I love already...

6) After re-reading the first 22-issues of Keith Giffen's run on Justice League from the 1980's, I am reaffirmed in my belief that, as wacky as it was, that was better than all other Justice League runs... mostly because it's really nothing like a team that deserves to call itself the Justice League... and as great as it was, do you realize a comic like this would never survive in the Internet message board world? I plan on re-reading all of the run in the next few days, in case you were interested...

7) One of my officemates is heading out to the Deli, and he's bringing me back a Cajun Roast Beef and Pepperjack sandwich. Again, this has nothing to do with this blog, but who doesn't love Cajun Roast Beef? Hip Hip JORGE!

8) IGN.com has a bunch of new info and screens from Guitar Hero 3... Personally, I could give a damn, I'm no fan of the Guitar Hero/DDR-genre, but plenty of people are, so I figured I'd throw you all a bone... I'm just waiting for the day that Accordion Hero is released. Polka Fun for Everyone!

9) Recently, an image was released previewing Flash #13 (See above)... With how Countdown has been, I really wouldn't put anything past DC at this point, this could be Bart, or a different Flash, or Barry Allen could be coming back, or maybe this could be an alternate universe Flash -- who knows? What I do know is this image is proof that DC has increased the number of story possibilities at their disposal with the return of the Multiverse.

10) Does every list really need 10 items? Can't I be a rebel and make this list only include Nine items? Damn right I can be! (the irony here being that this bitching about 10 items is, in fact, the 10th item... for those of you who don't get obvious irony jokes...)

No comments: