Tuesday, June 5, 2007

This week's comic expectations


Well, there aren't too many sure things in this week's batch. As I said, I would recommend those of you just itching for something to read to give a new good series a try, like "Jonah Hex" or The "All New Atom."

In All New Atom #12, apparently an arc is beginning that will explain where Ray Palmer has gone off too after Identity Crisis. Since Ray Palmer is the solution to the Great Disaster coming in DC's Countdown story, this may be an important story...

And speaking of Countdown, we have Countdown #47. According to the cover of the issue (a much debated cover for obvious reasons, as you can see to the right), Mary Marvel somehow gets her powers back in this one. And, since she's currently chatting it up with Teth Adam, ole' blacky should have something to do with this.

Oh, and did I mention that Flash: The Fastest man Alive #13 is the issue that links to that ominous image of Flash and his rogues that was released last week? While I do think the image was simply an enormous publicity stunt, it still wouldn't hurt to at least flip through this issue at the shop.

Uncanny X-Men #487 kicks off a new arc that will probably gain a few readers back and lose a few readers in the same motion. Storm comes back as a guest star, as the group that came back from space (Warpath, Nightcrawler, Prof. X) goes looking for the Morlocks. Personally, I could give a damn. I've been debating for weeks whether or not I will be picking this up. On the one hand, I've bought every issue of Uncanny since the kinda-relaunch three years ago. On the other hand, I'm no fan of any of the characters that returned to Earth. My faith in Brubaker will probably find me buying this.

Lastly, I'm intrigued by Daredevil: Battling Jack Murdock #1 ... a mini-series about Daredevil's father just seems so random to me. When has anyone ever said "Gosh, I just wish I knew more about Matt's Daddy!" ... and yet, here it is existing. This tells me one of two things -- either this series was simply too good for Marvel not to print, or the "House of Ideas" is really out of them.

Personally, I think this weak Wednesday will simply find me continuing to re-read all of the "Justice League International" series.

No comments: