Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In the Words of Phil Strum, "SpiderBalls"

My Journal buddy and Pro Wrestling blogger Phil Strum sent me an e-mail today, simply titled "SpiderBalls."

The e-mail contained THIS LINK, to an interview between Pro Wrestler Balls Mahoney and Stan "The Man" Lee. Apparently Ole' Balls is appearing on the second season of "Who Wants to be a Superhero" (Starting this week!) so he sat down to interview Stan.

While the interview won't really give us hardcore fans any new information, it's still some great classic Stan Lee stuff:

" Mahoney: Okay, well, since you’ve brought me up, some folks in ECW have called me “Captain Caveman” simply because of my appearance. I have long hair, some missing teeth, tattoos, body piercings and let’s be honest, my body’s not made out of granite, you know? But I’m tough, and I fight for what’s right in the ring. What do you think, Stan, am I superhero material? What name would you think about giving me?

Lee: I don’t know why they would call you Captain Neanderthal.

Mahoney: [Laughs]

Lee: You know, when you walked in, I said to myself, “My God, it’s James Bond!” "

No comments: