Monday, April 30, 2007

Beechen leaving Robin

This is new news, right? Adam Beechen is leaving "Robin," in order to make room for his new jobs writing "Teen Titans" and "Countdown." Comicbook Resources has a whole interview with Beechen saying so HERE.

If you aren't familiar with Beechen's writing, this is BAD news.

I, for one, strongly recommend to anyone who hasn't read it, pickup his first arc on "Robin" in trade form, "Robin: Wanted." When I heard Beechen was taking over the "Teen Titans," I picked up the trade in order to get a feel for his writing, and now I'm hooked.

Beechen writes a Robin that is three-dimensional, with a fleshed-out character of Tim Drake pairing with some fun adventures for the character. I've since tracked down all the back issues and started buying "Robin" as it comes out.

Though you Cassandra Cain fans probably feel differently...

1 comment:

collectededitions said...

Oh, Cassandra Cain fans feel differently, all right. I love Beechen's portrayal of Robin, and when I said so at a review on Collected Editions, some people were not happy. Working now on a review of Robin: Teenage Revolution; I think it's even better than Wanted, and I'm sorry Beechen will be departing after the next trade.

I know you posted this a while ago, but I thought you'd appreciate hearing from another Beechen fan. Thanks!