Sunday, April 29, 2007

Curling, anyone?


Months ago, I picked up "ESPN International Winter Sports 2002" for three bucks pre-owned at a GameStop, simply because it was the only non-cell phone game I could find that contained Curling. To be honest, I bought it mostly as a joke to show the girlfriend, as my love of curling is a running joke I have with many friends (I really do love it, the joke is people wondering HOW???).

Either way, I never actually got around to playing the game until last night, the girlfriend was in town and we were bored (neither of us had any energy or desire to go out, yes, we're getting old), so I popped in the Curling game, again, as a joke.

To my surprise, IT'S ACTUALLY A GOOD GAME. Even though IGN gave it a 5.5, the Curling was fantastic. The ice adapted as the match went on. The stones moved with realistic physics. And best of all — the United States women's skip kinda almost looked like Cassie Johnson. And it wasn't just me, the Girlfriend (not a curling lover) enjoyed it just as much.

The rest of the games on the disc you could take or leave. Figure skating is a Dance Dance Revolution type, Bobsledding is just a race, speedskating a button-masher, but overall, this disc, for Three Dollars, is a good way to kill a night, if ever you find yourself needing to kill a night.

And Curling fans, I'm telling you, this game is for you, no matter what reviews you've heard.

No comments: