Wednesday, April 11, 2007

This week's comic expectations

Ok, so I may have spoke too soon about the 'no home runs' thing, as plenty of people are drooling over Bizarro in All-Star Superman #7... but since I am no fan of the title, it didn't jump out at me until thinking about it on the drive home from the office.

What am I most looking forward to, you ask?

52 week 49.

I really don't have much of a clue of what is going to go on, and if there was a solicitation in the back of week 48, I don't remember it. All that matters to me is that this is the last issue before WORLD WAR III. Black Adam vs. the World... apparently. Not to mention all the "One Year Later" answers that will finally be revealed. I could not be more juiced for an event -- especially since this event will be contained to 5 issues in a single week, no endlessness (Marvel, this means YOU).

But speaking of Marvel, they have my hopes up once again. This time, the carrot dangling in front of my face is Illyana Rasputin. New X-Men #37 will begin the "Quest for Magik." Is this a good thing? I don't know. I loved reading the original character of Magik, with her constant inner-battle between good and evil -- but I was content with the resolution to the character in the "Inferno" crossover, and the subsequent Legacy Virus-death of child-Illyana was truly meaningful. Do we really need Illyana back? Probably not. But I sure am curious.

Other titles I'm eagerly awaiting include Teen Titans #45 and Uncanny X-Men #485. I've also heard very good things about Image Comics' "After the Cape" so I may be picking up the second issue.

One title I'm steering clear of? New Avengers #29 -- I've had it with all this renegade superhero registration crap.

As always, when I'm done reading, I'll be posting thoughts, and I invite you all to do the same.

No comments: