Monday, April 30, 2007

Heroes Report on "5 Years in the Future"

Oh why oh why do they keep teasing us with a glimpse of what a Slylar/Peter showdown will be like? As the seconds ticked toward 10 p.m. and Sylar and Peter met face to face, I knew there was no way we would be able to see the knock down-drag out fight the matchup could be, but when they -- did they "Flame On?" -- I still was just filled with such hope!

So what do you all think of the future? And what do you make of what we saw?

What I liked about this episode is that it showed there were real repercussions to the whole "Save the Cheerleader" stuff. I know what you're thinking, We saw Claire in the future, she was saved. BUT, what I assume happened is, in the future timeline, the only person there to stop Sylar from killing Claire initially was Mr. Bennett and NOT PETER. Which means Bennett used that moment to start his daughter's string of hiding. At least that's what I am assuming, or else his own character arc in the future, as well as Parkman's, has no merritt.

And by the way, should we already know who that woman working with Mr. Bennett was? If not, Parkman sure seemed bothered by her presence... I was thrilled, by the way, that we got to see a Badass Parkman. He could have made such a great partner for Candice in 'the company.'

I also found it intriguing that there was NO sign of Linderman or Momma Petrelli in this future. Wouldn't they have some say over their kind being genocided? Yes, I just made Genocide into a verb. I know how wrong it is.

What I most take away from this episode, though, is simply the realisation that if this Bomb explodes and the Heroes fail, then this show is going to be VERY MUCH like what the USA Network's "The 4400" has become. And that would suck -- mostly for "The 4400." It's a terrific show, but still fairly unknown, and if Heroes starts sipping its Kool Aid then "The 4400" is doomed.

So what were your feelings on tonight's show?

No comments: