Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Maddenoliday!

So, I'm a little late to wish you such, and I'm damned exausted from playing since 3 a.m., but Happy Maddenoliday, everyone!

OK, "Maddenoliday" is just a stupid promotional name for the release date of Madden that EA came up with, I know it's not a real holiday. But still, it has a fun ring to it.

And yes, I picked up my copy for the Xbox 360 at 3 a.m. at Fishkill's Wal-Mart last night, and promptly played for about 5 hours straight. I was one of only 2,000 people on Xbox Live last night -- a number that won't be so low for at least the next year.

I'll have a full review of the game in Saturday's Gaming page in the Journal.

But, hey, you haven't opened up your Maddenoliday gift, yet! This gift is addressed to the PlayStation 3 fanboys out there, especially my loyal reader "Kyle" who likes to argue with me when I say PS3 is a sinking ship -- this gift backs up your arguments:

This is the list of top-selling video games this week from Amazon.com:
1. “Madden NFL 08, “ Xbox 360
2. “Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3,” PS2
3. “Madden NFL 08,” PS2
4. “Madden NFL 08,” PS3
5. “Madden NFL 08,” Wii

Notice that, yes, the Xbox 360 outsold every other console -- but did you see that PS2 outsold PS3? That means there are THAT MANY PS2 owners out there who have refused to buy a 360 so far, presumably waiting to buy a PS3. By next year, those PS2 buyers will have needed to find a new console... maybe there's hope for PS3 yet.

No comments: